Zachary A. Chapman is an Associate Attorney at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
He practices in oil & gas law, including drafting of title opinions and performing due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. Zach assists the Denver oil & gas team and reviews and edits title opinions and division of interest ownership reports. Zach also practices family law handling all types of matters related to Domestic Relations, Paternity, and Juvenile cases.
Prior to joining Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, Zach worked for a law firm in Cherry Creek, CO for over five years handling exclusively Family Law cases including Domestic Relations, Dissolution of Marriage, Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, Child Support, Paternity, and Juvenile cases, including dispute resolution.
Zachary A. Chapman became licensed to practice law in Colorado in 2011, obtaining his license in Nebraska shortly after in 2012. Prior to becoming licensed, he earned his BA in Psychology and Political Science from University of Colorado at Boulder, a school that he followed since attending their football games with his father at a young age. Following this, he pursued his legal educated at the University of Wyoming College of Law, earning his Juris Doctorate in 2011. He is based in the Denver, Colorado, office for Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- Johnson Sauer Legal Group: Associate Attorney, Domestic Relations, Child Support, Family Law, Juvenile, Paternity matters and Litigation
- Johnson Marquez Legal Group: Associate Attorney, Domestic Relations, Child Support, Family Law, Juvenile, Paternity matters and Litigation
- Modern Family Law: Associate Attorney, Domestic Relations, Child Support, Family Law, Juvenile, Paternity matters and Litigation
Representative Litigation and Transactions:
- Dissolution of Marriages, with and without children
- Allocation of Parental Responsibilities
- Modifications of Parenting Time and Decision-Making Authority, to include Relocation
- Child Support: establishment, modification, retroactive
- Juvenile matters, including grandparents’ rights and visitation
- Paternity matters for both Mothers and Fathers
- Contempt proceedings, handling both Plaintiff and Defendant claims
- Civil Temporary and Permanent Protection Orders, handling both Plaintiff and Defendant claims
- Mediations, Depositions, and settlement negotiations
Admissions to Practice:
- J.D., 2011, University of Wyoming College of Law
- ADR and Moot Court
- Domestic Violence Legal Assistance Clinic Intern
- Prosecution Assistance Clinic Intern
- Second Judicial District of Wyoming, Intern clerk
- Compliance Intern with the Athletic Department of UW
- Potter Law Club: Treasurer
- B.A. Psychology, Political Science Minor, 2008, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Mock Trial Traveling Team