Rollin Wood is an Attorney at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC. He practices in oil & gas law, including drafting of title opinions, mergers, and acquisitions. While pursuing his Master of Laws in Natural Resources, Energy, and the Environment at the University of Colorado-Boulder, Rollin's thesis focused on the Federal Executive’s ability to withdraw public lands from the Mining Act of 1872 for uranium mining in the Grand Canyon watershed. As a law student at Gonzaga University, Mr. Wood served as the President of the Native American Law Students Association, gaining experience in both Federal Indian and Water Law while working on administrative appeals of water rights judgments as well as serving as a tribal court spokesperson in the Kalispel Tribal Court.
Prior to joining Bibby, McWilliams, & Kearney, PLLC, Rollin worked for the Native American Rights Fund, focusing on religious rights under the Establishment Clause, Inter-American Court of Human Rights Jurisprudence, and Normative Principles found in the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Rollin also worked as an independent petroleum landman in Weld and Washington counties, Colorado. As a landman, Rollin gained experience in the creation of mineral and leasehold ownership reports, title abstracts, and lease acquisition.
Rollin Wood is licensed to practice law in Colorado. He is based in the Denver, Colorado, office for Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- Ironhorse Resources: Independent Landman
- Contex Energy Company: Independent Landman, Mineral and Leasehold Ownership Reports, Title Abstracts, Chain of Title, Lease Acquisition
- Native American Rights Fund: Law Clerk, Federal Appellate Amicus Brief Drafting, Constitutional Establishment Clause Principles, Inter-American Court of Human Rights Jurisprudence
- Center for Environmental Law and Policy: Extern, Administrative Appeals, Washington State Water Rights
- Montgomery & Interpreter: Law Clerk, Cultural Resources, Tribal Water Rights
Admissions to Practice:
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Denver Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Colorado Indian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- LL.M., Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources Law 2013, University of Colorado School of Law
- J.D., 2012, Gonzaga University School of Law
- Focused in Energy, Natural Resources, Federal & American Indian Lands
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Native American Law Students Association: President
- 2011 National Native American Law Students Association Moot Court
- 2011 Linden Cup, Oral Advocacy
- 2010 Indian Law Clinic
- B.A. Journalism & Mass Communication, Public Relations, Political Science, 2008, Arizona State University